Helping students succeed
Are you a student plugging away at your studies but not getting anywhere? Have past years studying revealed a few traps that you fall into over and over again?
Do any of the following sound familiar:
- I get overwhelmed with the amount of work ahead of me - I don’t know where to start and how to hold all of the information in
- When I push myself, I start feeling exhausted, and my brain turns to mush with slow thinking and poor memory.
- I find myself procrastinating. A lot! My room might suddenly be really tidy, but inside I’m still panicking about all of the work that has to get done.
- I get caught up in trying to do things perfectly - I spend far too long on tasks, or I don’t bother making a start, because I know I won’t be able to get it to the level I want it to be.
If this all sounds a bit too close to home, then Nimble Noodle may be just the course for you. We will help you thrive through high-pressure periods of study; boosting performance, and preventing burnout, through good health and clever mindset habits.
WHAT IS A NIMBLE NOODLE?
A Nimble Noodle is someone who can use their brain flexibly. When it comes to students, we’re talking about using your noodle in a nimble way so that you can stay focused on your studies and make it through to the end of the year. You see, being successful in your studies isn’t just about studying. It’s about:
- Understanding how you learn and how to work with it (rather than against it),
- Getting into the right mindset for studying,
- Learning how to maintain your focus and resist procrastination, and of course,
- Having a body that lasts the distance
In our Nimble Noodle online course we’ll help you in a holistic way - academically, psychologically, and physically.
WHAT’S ON THE COURSE MENU?
To help to make the ideas in the course more concrete and easier to remember, we have used various cooking references to describe your studies. We use the analogy of cooking a bowl of noodles when referring to various phases of the course which is organised into three main parts :
This section is all about getting your ingredients and equipment together for your recipe. In it, we’ll first do some groundwork to look at who you are as a student, where you fall down, and identify areas to work on. We’ll then cover how to get into the right mindset for studying. Finally, we’ll look at study and learning skills (including how to work with the limitations of your memory!).
Next up is the cook section of our Nimble Noodles, which is about lasting the distance in this year-long cook-off. In it, we’ll cover the health habits that will help you stay illness-free and full of energy so that your studies are optimised. We’ll then look at how to maintain focus to stay on track, and finally we’ll look at building sustainability in your studies so as to avoid student burnout.
In the final section of the Nimble Noodle course, we’ll look at tips specifically for exam preparation and crunch time (the big day).
READY TO GET STARTED?
Imagine feeling confident that you have your studies under control. That you have the energy, motivation and skills to deal with a big workload and whatever else comes your way.
That's what it feels like to be a Nimble Noodle. Join us and get started today.
Dr Joyce Chong is Clinical Psychologist at The Skill Collective. She has worked with many students over the years to build better study skills and better mindset to boost wellbeing, mental health, and performance.
Dr Kevin Yong is a GP at Floreat Medical, in Perth WA. He believes health is more than just the absence of disease and that health can make you better at life all round. He is passionate about helping people live healthier happier lives.